Dr William Thomas Angove established Angove Family Winemakers in 1886; however his first significant grape harvest was in 1893. The grapes for this harvest came from his own un-named home block in the foothills of Adelaide at Tea Tree Gully, and a vineyard called Warboys a few hundred metres down the road from his residence. To bring some of the Angove history to our McLaren Vale site on Chalk Hill Road we have named it the Warboys Vineyard. This vineyard is planted to 40 to 80+ year old vines of predominantly Shiraz and Grenache and is certified organic and biodynamic. The Warboys single vineyard wines are only made in the best years and are a true reflection of the terroir, encompassing the uniqueness of soil, site and season.